We are a dedicated and active team of Art Doll artists and we would love to have you join us!
"Art Dolls are made using a wide variety of styles and mediums. Some are abstract or tribal, while others are incredibly realistic. Art dolls do not always move. The term Art Doll can refer to human-like dolls; however this is not always the case. Art Dolls can depict animal or mythical creatures, or abstract beings. They differ from baby dolls, Barbie dolls and other mass manufactured dolls. Even though the the word "doll" is attached, Art Dolls are not meant for play and not intended for children. The intent of an Art Doll artists is to create a work of art."
ADO will adhere to this definition; as much as we love toys, our dolls are not toys! For this reason we are a juried team and would like to invite members that are creating unique Art Dolls as works of art.
Website address or any other address in which you sell or promote your work
which committee you would like to volunteer for
(also please indicate which link you would like added to the team blog, shopID, web address, etc...)
Our Membership Guidelines
1. You must make Art Dolls for the purpose of art and not toys or play.
All one of a kind (OOAK) art doll artists are welcome to apply for membership, but no toys will be allowed on the team. However, toy makers who also make Art Dolls are welcome, just please ensure only Non-Toy Art Dolls are tagged with “ADO team”.
2. We would prefer that you are making your dolls with the intent to sell.
We are an Etsy team so you must have an Etsy shop to be on the team. You are not, however, limited to only selling on Etsy, but many of our promotional efforts will be focused on the Etsy marketplace.
Our team is only as effective as our members are active. And it’s very important that all of our members comply with the following requirements.
1. Members are required to post in the Monthly Round-up Thread once a month. This lets us know you are still around and wanting to be active on the team. We know not everyone is as chatty as we are, so we have this monthly round-up Check-In thread in our forum where you can pop in and share with us. Anything, just as long as you say Hi!
2. ADO will have quarterly challenges along with smaller monthly challenges. They are designed to inspire you in your art and encourage you to try new ideas. You must participate in at least one of the four challenges, or one of the 12 mini Monthly challenges per year, but you are welcome to participate in more than one. In fact, we'd love it!
3. ADO members must show some activity at least once a month on the ADO Ning site.
4. We sometimes hold team meetings in Etsy Chat or by the live chat system on Ning, and all members are welcome to take part in these. You don't have to attend these meetings, but all members are welcome and will be invited by message to attend. The times alternate between AM and PM EST so everyone has the opportunity to attend. There are also sometimes committee meetings or committee leader meetings, as well as regular Group Leader meetings, and your welcome to contact any of the leaders with any questions or proposals that you would like to be brought forward at these meetings at any time.
5. We also encourage Members to sign up to and participate on a committee. We run ADO ourselves, and any help we receive to run the team is for everyone’s benefit, so anything you feel your able to do will always be very much appreciated, no matter how small a task that may be. ADO has several different committees that oversee different aspects of the group and it’s running. Please take a look around our Group section on Ning to find out more about our Committees.
6. To join our team there is a $5.00 a year membership fee. This fee is paid at the time of joining Ning by PayPal subscription, and is due once a year. This fee pays for our website, Ning site, and advertising. Along with any other team needs. As an ADO member, you are expected to join the ADO network at Ning and to set your Ning preferences to receive group emails from our administrators, so you can be kept in the loop about team happenings. Ning is our home base and it is where we communicate with each other, sign up for committees, sign up for challenges, and get to know your team mates.
Our team has a very limited roster of members, and get many applications for membership from wonderful artist that we are unable to include in the group until numbers allow. We keep the group to these numbers to ensure that we can all to get to know each other, and so that our committees aren’t overloaded trying to keep up with more members than they can cope with. We expect members to be active, and all accounts will be reviewed every six months. If the membership committee finds members are not active, they will be notified and their membership will be terminated. This allows room for new members that perhaps have more time to participate within the group.